38 Weeks - My Final Pregnancy Post!

This week I've had two appointments which have turned out really well.  My blood pressure is better than it has been for weeks and the non-stress tests (NST) indicate baby is reacting and doing well in there. 

I've been a little worried each time I've gone to the doctor this week that I will be sent back to the hospital (and this time it wouldn't be for a couple of hours) that I've had my hospital bag packed, car seat in the car, and even Barney packed a bag.  We've been ready since Monday to have this baby. 

I'm so relieved and happy to report that this will be my last pregnancy post!  If I don't have the baby over the next few days (which the doctor I had on Monday thought I would and I'm almost 3 centimeters), she'll be here the beginning of next week. 

We are only telling everyone that she's arrived once we're out of the delivery room and have had time to spend together as a family or if you fall into one of the following categories: my parents, B's parents or are a brother/sister to me.  Otherwise, you're just going to have to wait a bit....sorry, Charlie.

Maternity clothes:  still in a mix of maternity and regular. 

Sleep: so hard to get a good nights sleep when dealing with stiffness and constantly having to use the restroom.  Naps are my friend!

Best Moment This Week:  getting told that the baby will be out next week!

Cravings: Root Beer, licorice and pizza.

Gender: GIRL!

What I Look Forward To: next week and the next 11ish weeks off!

Milestones: Baby is the size of a watermelon.  All systems within baby are a go!  Baby has a few last-minute details to take care of such as shedding skin protecting vernix and lanugo and producing more surfactant.which will prevent air sacs in the lungs from sticking to each other when baby begins to breathe.

Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment :

  1. That isn't very fair to withhold that kind of information. Just sayin'.

    Did they say they would probably just have to break your water to get labor started?

    Can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!