35 Weeks


Approximately 4 1/2 weeks to go! 

A funny thing happened to me this week and I'm not embarrassed at all to admit or tell you it either.  Every morning, I usually spend 10-15 minutes on the couch watching the news and checking up on what the weather is going to be like for that day.  Wednesday morning was no different (btw, I had already gone to the bathroom before I sat down).  As I sat on my couch, I started getting itchy eyes, nose and ears and then my nose started running (allergies are a real bitch).  I walked to my kitchen to blow my nose and as I did so, I felt a trickle of liquid go down my leg.  My first thought was, "HOLY SHIT, MY WATER JUST BROKE!"  (They tell you in child prep class that only a small percentage of women have their water break on it's own and that it's usually a trickle...not like the flood gates are opening).  Then I realized I had zero pain and it was probably just pee.  That's right, I've come to that point in the pregnancy.  Luckily, I hadn't showered yet for the day.

I'm trying to get everything in line and ready for the baby to be here (I feel sort of like a crazy person and that I should be more prepared than I actually am).  I ordered a case of NB diapers since we only have a few right now as well as ordered the car base for Barney's truck.  FYI for those expectant mommies and/or mommies who still have kiddos in diapers...I ordered through Diapers.com and got 10% off the base and 20% off of diapers for ordering.  That's a savings of around $10.  Also, the 20% off diapers is extended for 3 whole months.  It's a lot cheaper than buying in store and you can get free shipping on orders over $49 (Shipping is super fast...I ordered on Monday which was a holiday and had them by the time I got home Wednesday).  I noticed wipes are more expensive than Target or Walmart so definitely do your research before buying.

This week I've been thinking a lot about Advocare and what I'm going to do once I deliver.  What is Advocare?  Check it out!

I think I'm going to try the cleanse portion of the 24 day challenge and if it works well, I'll do the other 14 day Max portion.  A few of my friends (one of my besties) have had great success with the challenge and what better way to get some of the excess baby weight off since I can't really work out like I would normally in the weeks after having the baby.  I really miss Spark and haven't used it since finding out I was pregnant but can't wait to go back to it and kicking soda out of my life. 

If you have any questions about the products or want to order, please feel free to Facebook or email me or stop by our Advocare website and shop around!  I'll be putting in an order by the 17th of this month so if you would like me to order you a product or two and you live around my area, please let me know.  I'm willing to give you a discount!  End of plug...

Maternity Clothes ~ Still in a mix of maternity and regular clothes.  The non-maternity clothes that I wear make my belly look smaller.  I wish they would make maternity clothes more flattering.  Either way, I'm ready to box my 7 maternity items up and put them away for a long, long time.

Sleep ~ Either I've been way too tired this week or I'm drinking less before bed because I'm waking up less frequently than in the past two weeks. 

Best Moment This Week ~  I started going to the doctor on a weekly basis.  I feel like I can finally start the countdown to the due date since we're less than a month away! 

With that being said, my doctor's appointment was the worst yet as far as new news goes.  I've been complaining awhile about how big my ankles and feet have been swollen.  The doctor I saw yesterday was extremely concerned because I was so swollen in those areas.  My doctor also said that this week my blood pressure is elevated.  She then told me all about preclampsia and the warning signs of it so that I can be on the lookout.  Swelling up and elevated blood pressure are signs of it.  If I get any of the other symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, spots in my eyes/blurred vision or a headache that won't go away, I have to call immediately to be seen.  Also, I'm on orders to keep off my feet and keep them elevated as much as possible.  If you knew me, this is nearly impossible. 

On a better note, I don't have to get the Group B Strep test done.  I say this is better because anytime I don't have to go through an invasive test, I'm happy.  The bad part of why I don't have to get tested is because via my urine samples, they can tell I'm already a carrier for the bacteria.  I'll have to get penicillin during delivery to protect the baby.

Yes, I understand these don't fall into the 'best moment of the week category' but I had to put them somewhere.

I went for a walk on Wednesday and once I got home, I did the weights and cardio portions, Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred.  Just an hour or two later, I was definitely feeling it.  But if I can do that much of a workout at 35 weeks prego, I'll take it.

Cravings ~ I have found a new drink that I love...Snapple Peach Tea (Diet or Regular).  I had a big craving for pizza and breadsticks this week. 

Gender ~ GIRL!

What I look forward to ~ the baby shower being thrown by two fabulous friends this weekend!  I'm very interested in what they have up their sleeves.

Milestones ~   Baby is the size of a honeydew.  Baby is approximately 20 inches long and 5 1/2 pounds.  Baby will continue to pack on the pounds, gaining 1/2 pound a week.  Brain development continues at a rapid pace making baby top heavy.


3 comments :

  1. Watch out for pain in your upper rib cage. That was what I noticed with my preclampsia. And you don't want to be on magnesium during delivery. It's horrible! So keep off your feet and make everyone wait on you! Hope everything goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture!!
    The peeing thing just might get worse after delivery, fyi. Lol. So lots of kegel exercises ;-)
    And I had pre-eclampsia with my first pregnancy. Being put on magnesium is not fun and makes your labor just seem a whole lot worse. Drink lots and lots of water, watch you sodium, and keep your feet elevated as much as possible. I was diagnosed at 36 weeks and had to be induced at 39. Good luck!!

    http://esmerlala30.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap, I should have read this before the baby shower on Sunday....I was clueless about the preeclampsia! Watch for the signs and listen to your body! Pretty soon we'll get to meet the little Rachel Jr.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!