My little girl has been dealing with a nasty little cough since Saturday that kept her and I in the house the entire weekend. I had high hopes of getting out on Saturday doing a little light shopping at the mall and taking Quinn on a little cruise in the stroller.
Yesterday, Quinn decided that she was going to take about five hours worth of naps (awesome!) and then not go to bed until about 10 pm (not awesome!).
She woke both hubs and I up to her crying multiple times. Girlfriend did not feel good. We let her sleep in our bed all night for the first time (we usually let her chill and nap in the morning if she wants but never put her in our bed to sleep through the night).
At 2 a.m. her temperature was at 102 degrees (first fever we've had to deal with...I should consider it lucky we've made it 8 months fever free). By 5 a.m. it was back down so I gave her a bottle and Tylenol to deal until we could get to the pediatrician later this morning. Needless to say no one in my house got very much sleep last night and Quinn has another ear infection in her right ear. The same ear when she had the ear infection at the beginning of January.
The doctor gave her stronger meds since she's had two infections in less than two months. We're hopeful that these work and she doesn't continue down the path of ear infection after ear infection. I would like to avoid tubes.