When Life Gets The Best of You...

I never want to be one of those people who complain about how busy I am or how I have no extra time for anything but sadly, I'm starting to see it.  The bitching and moaning is usually directed at my husband because I would never let anyone know about that vulnerability (well, until now).

The reason for it, I'm spreading myself way to thin, not prioritizing and not utilizing the hours of time after work and weekends that I do have. 

Busy is: being a mom, wife, Lia Sophia Stylist, cook, laundry do-er, maid, employee, blogger, friend, support system, volunteer, being in shape, dealing with anxiety and so on.  There are so many things that I need to do and want to do that I just don't have the time for. 

But you want to know the real reason I don't have time is because most days, I'm lazy.  Most days, I want to walk into my house and sit my ass on my couch for the rest of the night and do nothing.  But reality is, I have a husband and a toddler to make meals for and a mountain of laundry that never seems to decrease in size always waiting for me.  Dishes constantly in the sink and dust bunnies hovering in corners waiting to be swept up. 

On top of that, I pressure myself to work out a few times a week, because guess what, I've gained weight over the last four or five months.  Let's blame it on Mexican Friday's.  It's not terribly noticeable but I feel it.

Last night, I waited until about nine to get all my Junior Achievement crap together for a lesson with my fifth graders today, plus I had to get invites printed and addressed for a LS party in a couple of weeks.  I had to enlist my husband to help because there was so much prep work for both which inevitably took out my workout that I was going to do as well.  See lack of priority and busyness. 

The point is that everyday life is so busy that it's getting the best of me.  I feel like I spend the majority of my time thinking about the things I want to do (sewing even though I don't have a working machine, doing more LS shows, blogging consistently multiple times a week, working out 6 days a week, keeping a clean house all the time, running more often and getting to 7 min or less miles, etc.) and not enough time on the things that need to be done that I'm out of balance and failing.

I feel like I'm on my way to drowning, just barely treading water.

I'm a mom of one and can't keep shit together, how the hell am I ever going to do it with two (not that I'm pregnant or thinking about number two anytime soon)?  Does anyone else feel this way and how do you balance all your wants and needs, while keeping everything else in check?



2 comments :

  1. I have laundry baskets for each persons CLEAN laundry so that I don't have to fold it. Lazy much?! Haha. It's so easy to get overwhelmed. I was really struggling a couple weeks ago with tons on my to-do list and a messy house. There is always something that needs to be done, but us mom's need breaks, too! Remember your job is 24 hours a day and cut yourself some slack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have a husband or kids and I hear ya! I hit a breaking point a few months ago and realized I needed to stop doing at least one thing. It is really hard for me to say 'no' to people, but it's nice to finally breath a little. I'm phasing out my part-time job this week (I had one on top of my full-time job) and am so excited to get about 15 hrs a week back to myself. A big part is realizing what your top priorities are and then organizing your tasks from there.

    But mexican fridays sounds amazing -- I would never give that up! ;-)
    Krista

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!