One Pan Dinner - Pan Roasted Chicken

I found the following recipe on someone else's blog.  At the time, I didn't think or take the time to follow the blog, so I can't really give credit where it's due.  I promise I'm not a stealer! Plus, I changed the recipe a little bit based on my & hubby's likings.

I feel like I've said this a million times but since I'm pregnant, I'm always looking for recipes that take little to no time to prepare.  What I love about the following recipe is that it super easy and only requires one pan.  I love a home cooked meal but I don't want to cook 3 individual things in order to bring an entire meal to the table. Plus, I'm not about to get fat ankles slaving over the stove for an hour.  I have enough problems with them as is.


Pan-Roasted Chicken

6 tbsp. olive oil

1 lemon, juiced

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1 lb. trimmed green beans

8 small red potatoes quartered

4 chicken breasts, thighs or drummies (bones left in, with skin)

Preheat oven to 450* F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tbl. of the olive oil. In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper, add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on the bottom of the pan. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet.  Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the beans and potatoes back in the oven for 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates, divide the green beans and potatoes equally.
Even if you don't like beans or potatoes, the marinade that everything is coated in is super delicious so you could just use it for the chicken.
Enjoy!



2 comments :

  1. Hi I am a new follower from the blog hop. Please visit my blog and follow me back at http://my-2-cents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm your new follower from Rachel;s blog hop. Please, stop by me too http://luckyangelandgiveaways.blogspot.com/

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!