We Met Santa & A Little Pre-Christmas Fun

On Friday night, we headed over to our local legion.  Santa just happened to be stopping by so we thought this was a good chance for Quinn to meet the big guy for the first time. 


As you can see, Quinn could have given two shits about him.  She was more entertained by the tree sitting to Santa's right (or the cold beer can daddy let her chew on).  At least she didn't scream bloody murder.

I can definitely see why a lot of the little kiddos didn't want to sit on Santa and were running away scared.  He was just slightly creepy.

...

Christmas is less than a week away which means I have less than a week to finish making goodies, to finish Quinn's Christmas headband and to finish buying, making and wrapping gifts.  Plus going to look at Christmas lights on top of working Monday through Thursday this week and fitting a little running in there.  It looks to be a pretty busy week.
I'm the best procrastinator.  Seriously, I could make a career out of it (and being late...thankfully my ass is always attached).

Anywhoodle, I've seen this a little bit in the blogosphere and thought I would do it.  It's fun and you should know all of this about me, right?  After all, Christmas is one of my favorites.


1.      Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate always.  Anything that is a drink with the word egg in it, makes me want to vom-nasty all over.

2.      Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa always wraps his presents.

3.      Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored.  We don't discriminate.


4.      Do you hang mistletoe?
No.  I don't linger around mistletoe either. 

5.      When do you put your decorations up?
It depends on how motivated I am.  This year, it was the weekend after Thanksgiving.  It's always after Thanksgiving.  That is a rule that should never be broken.  One holiday at a time peeps!

6.      What is your favorite holiday dish?
I don't know that I have a favorite dish.  I like all the sweets that are available around Christmas.  My family always makes green bean casserole or broccoli casserole at every gathering so this might be my favorite.

7.      Favorite holiday memory as a child?
When we were younger, my parents used to pack all five of us kids into the mini and drive around to check out Christmas lights.  There was a farm out in the country all decked out in lights and decorations that my parents knew the owners of, so we would always go out there and play around.

My mom is obsessed with Christmas.  I say obsessed because after Thanksgiving, almost everything around the house is taken down and put away and a Christmas decoration goes in it's place.  Seriously, Christmas vomits all over their house.  I love it though and wish I had the motivation to do the same.

8.     When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I was around 8 and my sister told me.

9.      Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We always have Christmas with my parents, brothers and sister and their significant others on Christmas Eve.  We go to Christmas Eve mass, eat dinner and open presents.  We then proceed to play a game (Scene It, Family Feud, etc.) which always turns into someone getting pissed and a lot of yelling.

10.   How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Like this:
You decorate it and then you add something real, real cute underneath.

 

11.    Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love it when it's falling and new.  Hate it when it's melting and slushy.

12.   Can you ice skate?
That's like asking if I can wipe my own butt.  Of course I can!

13.   Do you remember your favorite gift?
I received Aladdin and Jasmine Barbie's from Santa one year.  That is the present that I remember most.  Now, we always get cash and a gift card from my parents which is always a favorite.

14.   What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with family. 

15.    What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I love making Caramel Corn around the Holidays.  In fact, I made a big batch tonight.

16.   What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I love to drive around and look at lights.  I also love to make Christmas goodies. 
We have a work party during the day each year (in fact we have 2).  I love that we get to have fun while on the clock instead of doing it on a weekend.

17.    What tops your tree?
A gold star.

18.   Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Receiving.  I know it's selfish but most of the time when I give, the person I'm giving to already knows what they're getting because they asked for it.  The only people I went out on a limb for was my parents, hubs parents and Quinn's godparents.  I did one DIY project as a gift so hopefully this person enjoys it.

19.   Candy canes: yuck or yum?
Yum!  My favorite growing up were the fruity ones.  I don't put candy canes on the tree because I would be the only person eating them.  I let Quinn lick on one and she seemed to enjoy it.

20.  Favorite Christmas movie?
There are so many to choose from!  White Christmas is the best classic Christmas movie hands down.  I also like Miracle on 34th Street (newer version), Home Alone, Elf, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and Polar Express.

21.   Saddest Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night always brings tears to my eyes.  I think it's only because you have to have a bad ass voice to sing it and the high notes get to me.  It's safe to say you'll never want to be around me when I try to hit these.

22.    What’s your favorite Christmas song?
I love "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" and "Oh Holy Night"!  But my favorite non-classics are "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey, "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" by Nsync and "Christmas Time" by Christina Aguilera.

3 comments :

  1. wait until next year with Santa. My daughter is 2 and I'm not going through the santa pictures this year. Child looks at him like he wants to eat her or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Shoes is definitely the saddest song to me. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!