Date Night


My dear husband asked me out on a date this week.    
His plan was to take me to a movie.  
First off, you all should know that 
1) this never happens - a date out with the man without the babe 
2) taking me to a movie.
I told him which movies were playing at our "local" theater.
To my surprise, he picked "This Means War".
We "pretended" to be on a first date which is actually not far off because it has been a long time since we gone on a real date.

He blocked me from the popcorn bowl so I had to go get a container of my own to fill.
He said some raunchy things that cannot be repeated on here.
You know, things you would never do on an actual first date.

The best part was that there was only 10 people in the entire theater, so we were able to get real cozy in our seats.
(But not that cozy you perverts!)

Sample of part of the night:
R: leans over and puts her hand on top of his in an attempt to hold his hand
B:  looking at her, What?
B: still staring, What?
R: Oh my god, I was just trying to hold your hand!
B: Oh.
We really need to date more.


Two top CIA operatives wage an epic battle against one another after they discover they are dating the same woman.

I loved this movie. 
It's the perfect date movie.  
There are many action scenes for the men, it's chick flicky for the women and hilarious overall.
The banter between the men was very funny.
Chelsea Handler is in it so duh, it's going to be good.
Chelsea's husband in the film is the exact man I think she would end up with in real life.  Exact.
I think the best part is the premise of the movie - 2 guys, 1 girl.

I'll give 4 out of 5 stars.
It would be 5 out of 5 but the beginning started out a little slow and for a second, I thought the men were in love with each other.  

So, skip The Hunger Games this weekend and go see this!  

1 comment :

  1. I've heard good things about this movie. I can't find anyone to go with, so it'll probably be a rental for me. I totally feel ya on needed to date your husband more! We have dinner and a movie planned for this weekend. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!