Sunday Social: Blogging

How did you come up with your blog name?
When I first started blogging, I made up the name 'Rach Glam Fam' sort of as a joke because there is nothing glamorous about my life...well, except my jewelry.  

Soon after Quinn was born, I decided that since I love to run and it has over the last 10 months has become a permanent feature of my lifestyle to incorporate it into my blog name as well as my love for shoes, more specifically stilettos.  The backwards portion of the name is to elude to my crazy, so called life.

So, the name 'Running Backwards in Stilettos' was born.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?
This blog is first and foremost a baby book for Quinn.  I dread writing all the small details about what is going on in her life in her baby book so eventually, this blog will be cleaned up and I will make a book out of it.  Plus, it tells of all the adventures of our family.

I love that blogging is a creative outlet.  I don't blog as much as I wish I would or could.  My Mother's Day Weekend post is set to go up tomorrow and I still have to recap things that happened in March and April so I'm just a touch behind the times.  Nevertheless, it still allows me to have my own little corner of the inter webs where I can write about anything that pleases me.

What is one thing you have discovered about blogging and now can't live without?
My Erin Condren planner and the Cozi app...I would not have known these existed without blogging.  It's the only way I keep organized and haven't completely lost my mind.

Mom bloggers.  If I hadn't started a blog myself, I doubt that I would be reading daily, my favorite mom blogs. They keep me sane and let me know that other mom's fail on occasion too!  

Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook....so much easier to stay connected with people I don't get to see very often.  It's much more personal and it feels more like home.  

Twitter allows me to meet and stay connected to people I would never have an opportunity to get to know.

But really, Instagram is where it's at!

If one celeb read your blog, who would you want it to be?
This one is hard but it has to be someone who can relate to me and is funny and witty, like I am try to be so I'll go with Bethenny Frankel.  She's everything I wish to be, especially a strong, independent business woman.  Her vulnerability and the way her flaws are documented on her show show me just how real she is!

What is something you want people to know about your blog?
Everything is authentically me.  I don't write for others or what I think others want to read.  If you don't want to read it, then you simply won't read it and that is perfectly okay by me.  I want others to be able to relate to me and my blog.  

I am first and foremost a mom but I am also a woman who loves her shoes, jewelry, fashion, food, sports and anything and everything in between.  I think you get taste of it all here.  I hope you'll stick around!


Sunday Social


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love!