First Post and Oreo Balls!

I've moved my blog to accommodate my blogging needs/wants.  So deal with it. 

Here is my original blog published on 12/13/2010:
I've been on the fence about blogging for quite awhile because let's face it, we're not that exciting and do you really want or need to know about the happenings or rather miss-happenings in our lives?  Well you're here, so you must!  I've decided that I won't put up a bunch of blogs about random boring things happening in our lives but things that Barney and I enjoy...like eating...

For my first blog, I've decided to put you in the holiday spirit by providing you a delicious little concoction in the form of Oreo Balls or "Reindeer Turds" as I've heard them called.  These are simple and extremely tasty.  My husband loves these!  Warning: don't have more than 2-3 at a sitting, they will make your gut hurt - for real!

Oreo Balls
8 oz. cream cheese
1 package Oreo's
White chocolate Almond bark or semi-sweet chocolate chips

Start by crushing the Oreo's into smaller chunks - don't make a dusting out of them as they will need to be formed into balls later.  This can be accomplished by using your blender or putting them in a Ziploc bag and crushing with a rolling pin.  Once the Oreo's are crushed, add in the cream cheese.  Mix together.  Shape Oreo/cream cheese mixture into 3/4 inch balls.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper (this will make cleaning up a breeze!).  Freeze or refrigerate balls as needed.  Melt Almond bark or semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave using 15-20 second increments.  Once melted, throw in a ball, ensure it's covered with the melted topping, and place on a cookie sheet.  Freeze balls with the coating until the coating has hardened.  You can decorate with sprinkles or whatever tickles your fancy.  They are good on their own as well.  Enjoy!

I would love to provide a picture of these, however, after making them this past weekend, I sent them over to deer camp and I'm pretty sure we all know where those are now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love!