Week 17

I had a complete and utter meltdown this morning.  It started out as a disagreement over guns and shoes and then just manifested into me being a big gushy, over hormoned mess. 

Weight gain ~ 7 lbs.

Maternity clothes ~ still a no.  Pants getting a wee bit tighter.  I woke up Monday and knew the belly had grown so I wore my "fat" jeans to work.

Sleep ~ getting more comfortable with sleeping on my sides. 

Best moment this week ~  There is something happening at my house...it's spooky.  Yesterday, I wasn't having the greatest day.  Walking through the door at 7:30 pm, I immediately hear the radio from the kitchen and I know something/someone is jiving inside.  My husband was decluttering the kitchen, the "green room", had the laundry going and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher  I love it when the hubs gets the initiative to do something on his own, not requested by me.  This is simply amazing!  Since finding out we were pregnant, his helping around the house without me asking has significantly increased.  I hope this trend continues into his future daddy duties. 

This week I also felt the baby...well I think. 

Cravings ~  Pepsi, Wheat Thins, and jalapeno chips.

Gender ~ T-minus 4 weeks away from finding out...

What I look forward to ~ the dinner party that Barney & I are hosting tonight.  We're making home made tenderloins, cheesy party potatoes, baked beans & funny cake.  I'll be sure to include recipes and pictures of each!

Milestones ~ Baby is approximately 5 inches long (about size of a ballpoint pen).  Baby can touch their own face and is inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid as he/she learns to breathe.  Soon baby will start to develop fat tissue to help insulate their body and regulate body temperature.

2 comments :

  1. Guns and shoes don't go well together .... I would have had a meltdown as well. Stupid pregnancy hormones.

    The girls and I will be over at 6 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy!

    I just found your blog through one of the Friday blog hops. Have a great weekend!!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!