Day of Love & Weekend Roundup

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Today is the day of love.  I am not a huge fan of expressing love, feelings and emotion normally but then again I'm prego and that's a whole new ball game.  I really love this holiday.  I don't think it should be the only day out of the year we express love towards each other - we should be doing this on the daily.  I also don't believe this holiday is just for couples.  Look at the enjoyment children get out of this day - enough said.  Everyone should celebrate this day.  Everyone has someone in their life that they love and if you don't, you need to reassess your whole situation (frigid asshole!).  I love my hubby, my family and all my friends.  I don't know what I would do without all of these people in my life and today I want to let you all know, I love you long time!

A little something about my marriage/our love:  My hubs is usually the one who initiates the "I love you".  Don't get me wrong, I initiate it about 5% of the time.  We don't say "I love you" to each other everyday - not because we don't love each other (we really do) - it just goes without saying and we're both completely comfortable with that.  Plus, when we do actually say it, we feel it means more and it's not part of a routine.  We say it when we mean it.

The weekend:

Friday
  • Dinner out with a group of friends and then met up with another group at a local watering hole.  Hubs told me he was ready to go home whenever I was ready - he can drink, I cannot.  We went home at 11.
Saturday
  • Haircut in the morning.  I definitely needed it!
  • Day long shopping excursion.  Spent less than $30 at the mall and went to 3 stores - that is amazing in itself!  Grocery shopping was another story.
  • Hubs also went on a day long excursion with 3 friends to take his deer meat to the locker for processing.  Yes, it takes 4 people and a good 12 hours or so to get the job done (and it always involves stopping at every bar on the way back because that is necessary).  He was home a little after 9 p.m. and mostly sober - I was a happy wife.
Sunday
  • Woke up at 11 a.m. - I may as well get all the sleep I need now.
  • Made Salted Nut Rolls.  Recipe came from this here blog.
  • Caught up on Glee from the last week.
  • Did loads and loads of laundry.
  • Hubs made steaks for dinner.
  • Watched the Grammy's.

Grammy Wrap-Up:
  • Lady A came out as the leader of the pack with I believe 5 awards.  They rock expect for  Hillary's hair and makeup.  She cannot get away with those bangs.
  • My favorite performances were the tribute to Aretha Franklin by Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Florence, Yolanda Adams and Martina as well as the Eminem & Rihanna performance of "Love the Way You Lie Part 2" and Eminem, Dr. Dre & Skylar Grey performance of "I Need A Doctor". 
  • I have a love/hate relationship with Justin Beiber.  In no way do I have the fever but I respect him a little more after last night.  Sure he can be a douche at times but he looked very mature last night - more mature than his age calls for.
  • John Mayer is ugly and a giant douche.  It didn't take the Grammy's to figure that one out but it helped.
  • Christina Aguilera's trip - poor thing.  Hasn't she had enough this past week.
  •   Lady Gaga - I'm over her weirdo-ness.  We get it.  You like to express yourself.  Coming in, in an egg - I mean really?!  What's up with the shoulder implants?  Are they real or not?  You look like an alien which was probably the look you're going for.  On another note, I kindof, really like your new song. 

  • Who is Esperanza Spalding? 

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend!  Hope yours was too!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love!