Work it, work it, work it out...

Awhile ago, I told my sister that I would write a blog post about exercise and everything that I do that I believe works or at least works for me.  So it's about time that I followed through on this. 

First and foremost (not that I'm a doctor or anything, so take this as is and by this, I mean this entire post) drink plenty of the water throughout the day and always stretch before and after workouts. 

One of my favorite people to work out with is Jillian Michaels.  I love her and hate her, all at the same time.  She kicks your ass during every workout, which I love, but at the same time she annoys the crap out of me.  I have two of her DVD's, 30 Day Shred and Yoga Meltdown:




For the most part, I switch between these on a regular basis.  The 30 Day Shred incorporates weights, cardio and abs (3 levels of workouts) while Yoga Meltdown uses your own body weight with cardio to get you into shape (2 levels of workouts). 

When I want a typical, traditional yoga workout, I choose Body By Bethenny.  I always feel more relaxed and completely stretched from head to toe after this workout.  Plus, she offers a weights portion and a "Booty Blast" bonus.  Also, yoga is great for women who are expecting - gets your muscles in shape for birthing.


I use the strength training portion of the workout on days when I don't want to do a full workout.  It's split into 2 circuits, containing 3 exercises each, performed for 12-15 repetitions each and then the full circuit is repeated.  Once you go through the first circuit 2x, then you can move to the second circuit.

First Circuit:
Side lateral raises
Bicep curls
Bent over rows

Second Circuit:
Front raises
Tri-cep kickbacks
Overhead shoulder press
Happy Workout,


P.S.  I love Sobe Lifewater.  I haven't tried a flavor that I didn't like and there are a lot of flavors.  Plus there are zero calories in each bottle.  You can get these at any fine grocery store.  I just bought a bunch from Target for $10/10.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love!