Perfection


What is perfection?

Is it a number, a rating, a feeling?
Is it a place, an event, a trip?
Maybe it's a person?
Is it love, a relationship or marriage?
Is it a quality, trait or feature of excellence?
Perhaps, it's a state of being?
Is it a body or parts of a body?
Does it mean being perfect?
Does it mean being skinny?
Is it a destination?
Is it the end?
Is it worth striving for?
Is it an accomplishment?
If two people have different ideas of perfect, is there such a thing?

I am a mom and a wife.
I make plenty of mistakes.
Say and do the wrong things at the wrong time.
I have many flaws.
I do my best but always try for better.
I will never have the best body but I'll work to be healthy.
I am defined by my values, my goals, my aspirations, not by the way I look.
I am human.

I'm here to try to be a positive model of a what a woman should be for my daughter.
To teach her right from wrong.
To teach her that being a certain shape, size, look, a certain whatever, doesn't matter.
It's what is inside that counts.
It's her character that will get her further in life.
That having a sense of humor is a better quality than having a pretty face.
That it's not okay to imitate or duplicate, but to be original.
To cherish individuality instead falling into the group.
To not drink the kool-aid.
That every person is beautiful and there is no such thing as being perfect.

I am not perfect.
I am me. 
Being the best that I can be.

4 comments :

  1. this is such an amazing post, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! I am needing reassurance right now and this is gorgeous! So glad to have found you through Tara!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post!!!! Thanks for sharing...

    I tend to get caught up in being such a perfectionist, and it really holds us back from being the best we can be (even though we think the opposite is true).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!