All Stars Versus Old Balls

My husband is a baller.
Not joking, he loves to play with balls.
Well, I mean softballs but on special occasions, baseballs too.
He had something like 10 records in high school and I want to say about 3 or 4 of them remain in his name (he graduated in 2000).

In August, August 11th to be exact, Barney and a bunch of other alumni of CW got together to play a little game of baseball.
They called themselves the All Stars and the game was played against a team of 50+ who play together regularly in a league.

Barney was the starter at the pitching position.
It was like my high school dream come true.
Yeah, I'm MARRIED to the pitcher and yeah, he's got a real cute tush.
The only thing that would have made it better is if it was football and he was QB.
Actually, it doesn't matter...any man in a sports uniform is A-okay by me.

I don't know exactly how to describe the game.  
It was rather uneventful, except for the last couple of innings.  
No one scored but no one also broke a hip so I guess that's a win in everyone's book.
Aaannnddd...Barney only hit three people.
It was fun to see a bunch of men (in baseball pants, I might add!) get together to play America's favorite past time who haven't touched a baseball since they left the game.














It was a pretty good way to spend a summer night.
I know one little one year old had a blast.


2 comments :

  1. First off, your baby is adorable! I love that you shorten Rachel to Ray, I do the same thing!
    Stopping by from mingle Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Mingle Monday link up!! Love your adorable daughter and blog layout. Excited to read more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!