Half of Our Weekend


See that girl?  TROUBLE!  She can now climb up on to the kitchen chairs and make her way onto the kitchen table.  Nothing is safe there anymore.  I can't wait until the day I find her in the middle of our breakfast bar.

The girl is also a charmer, just like her daddy.  She can charm the living shit out of you with her cheesy grin.  We went to Barney's softball games yesterday and then ran a few errands.  Every person she came across she smiled for and melted their hearts.  I have never heard so many people say that she's so adorable or so cute and that they love, love her name.  Boys, you better watch out, she's going go be a heartbreaker! 

This girl can also be really sweet.  She accidentally chucked a phone at my head close range while in bed on Sunday morning and well let's just say that it surprised me and it hurt, real bad so the waterworks started.  Quinn knew she did something wrong, so she got really quiet, hugged me and layed her head on me to make me feel better. 

***

While also at Barney's softball game, I saw another mom put her baby, who was in her carrier down onto the bleachers.  The carrier flipped over, causing the baby to roll out, hit and bench and fall onto the ground.  I wish I were making this up but I'm not.  Thankfully, her friend was right there to pick the baby up.  The mom took the baby from her friend and told the baby she was sorry.  How she was keeping her composure and not freaking out is beyond me.  If it were her, I would have already been in my car on the way to the ER.  But then again, I wouldn't have rested my childs car seat on a metal bleacher.

***

My half-marathon is less than a week away.  I trained for 12 miles last night and ended up doing it in 1 hour 43 minutes so getting the sub 2 time that I want shouldn't be a problem.   Last night, I started out running toward the next town around 6:30 pm.  I thought I'd be able to get there and back and there would still be some sort of light out.  I also though that the town was a good 6 miles away.  I was wrong on both accounts.  Not only was the town only 4 miles away but I was also running in complete dark on my way back.  I decided to give in and call my husband before I became road kill.   He called me chicken shit and that I could be seen running on the road.  Sometimes, I don't know that guy's heads at. 

My parents are graciously taking Quinn overnight on Saturday so my plan is to eat myself into a carb induced coma and wake up refreshed early Sunday morning to get my run on.

***

We watched 21 Jump Street last week and it was hilarious.  It runs along the lines of Pineapple Express, Step Brothers, etc..you know right up me and hubs alley.  If you don't have a funny bone, don't bother watching.

1 comment :

  1. Quinn is aodrable, and the fact that she comforted you after the phone incident? SO precious!

    Good luck on your half! It sounds like you're going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!