Meeting Mitch

{Mitchell Patrick was born March 10th, 2012 at 2:01 PM.  He was 7lbs, 7 ounces and 21 inches long}

The weekend of March 30th - April 1st we made the 5 hour road trip (or is it four minus the time change?) over to see my brother, sister-in-law, niece and new nephew in West Lafayette.

The road trip down seemed sort of long.  We stopped at Five Guys in Peoria for lunch and oh my word of the bacon cheeseburger Gods it was good!  Like the best burger I've had, good.  The fries could be improved on but the burgers definitely held their own.  Every chance I get, I'll be stopping by to get my grease fix...and Five Guys, if you're reading this bring that shiz to the QC!

Other than that deliciousness, the ride down also consisted of naps, reading, my sister making inappropriate gestures and Quinn beating her head against our tablet, screaming "are we there yet?"  Girl was not having it in the car.  Something about not being able to move around for 4 hours that can make a girl pissy.  The only thing that really entertained her was my hair in her face.



 Saturday night consisted of hanging out at my brothers house and getting our fill of holding the little one.


Sunday morning we took Quinn down (or was it up?) to the hotel pool for her first ever swim.  My brother, his wife and the kids met us there.  Quinn had so much fun she almost fell asleep in her floater and Raegan was well, typical, crazy, Raegan.







Once everyone was pooled out, we all got ready and headed back over to my brothers.  My sister-in-law had a photographer over to take newborn pictures, brother/sister pictures and since Quinn was in town, a few cousin pictures. 

If you're wondering what kind of camera the photographer used, it was a Canon...model not specified but look of stupidity was given.  Sorry, I ask...I have a natural curiosity when it comes to cameras and photography.

The ride home seemed even longer but we did manage to have a content baby and other passengers thanks to my sisters lap top and Toy Story 3.



And yes, I realize this little event took place 6 whole months ago...what can I say...I'm on the ball?

1 comment :

  1. i seriously need to get around to trying five guys, i keep hearing nothing but good things!
    p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!